About Dr. Marina Gafanovich, MD
Dr. Marina Gafanovich is an expert internist specializing in travel medicine and internal medicine. She is completely committed to your care, just as her predecessors have been for over five decades. Her services include preventative medicine, disease detection and treatment, on-going care for chronic conditions, travel immunizations, consultation and counseling, and more. From the very first appointment, you will find a refreshingly different type of practice. We have multilingual staff in order to overcome most language barriers. The practice is run at peak efficiency in order to respect the patient’s time and resources. Our goal is to make sure you are satisfied and cared for at every turn. You will never be treated like a number at our office.
Dr. Gafanovich offers in-depth counseling for travelers, and will consult with you about how you may avoid injury or illness while traveling abroad. Beyond travel medicine, we offer a host of in-house, same day services pertaining to internal medicine testing thanks to the full on-site diagnostic testing facility. Same day appointments with major diagnostic facilities for CAT scans and ultrasounds can be arranged. These offerings assure patients that if they do contract an exotic disease or illness while traveling, their medical needs can be met and top-notch healthcare can be provided.
Other types of services offered by Dr. Marina Gafanovich, MD include pre-employment health, annual checkups, routine checkups, vaccinations for routine or travel purposes, STD accutane online testing, pregnancy testing, and more. We have tailored our practice to provide care for a multitude of health issue.
Your most precious and valued asset is your health. Protect your health and well-being with the best medical care possible. To make an appointment for your travel vaccines or to become a regular patient, call us today.
Top Rated NYC Physician
Traveling outside of USA and concerned about your health? Travel vaccinations are recommended for many destinations. Find out about the requirements and talk to a physician.
Under her guidance, the clinic has expanded to provide care for both acute and chronic needs. Treatment is individualized regarding the patient and the presenting diagnosis.
Dr. Gafanovich and her staff know that each patient should be treated as an individual. Relying on extensive experience, knowledge and training the entire staff identifies the cause of ill health and disease.
Medical Services Rendered
Dr. Gafanovich and her staff provide unequaled medical care to each patient. Working closely with each client, Marina Gafanovich develops a coherent plan that fits the patient’s lifestyle and philosophy. With state of the art medical screening and lab equipment, patients relax as every test is performed within the clinic. Patients do not get sent to a hospital or lab at a remote location.
Some of the services offered include:
- Abdominal Aorta Screening (for Aortic Aneurysm)
- Chest X-Ray (performed, finished, and viewed by MD on premises)
- Cholesterol Panel (performed on-site)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Quick and efficient tests for Influenza A and B
- Hearing Tests
- H Pylori Testing & Treatment
- INR (blood clotting) Testing
- Medical consents for college freshmen
- Non-invasive Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) testing
- Phlebotomy Blood Draws
- Pre-employment medical clearings, containing PPD testing
- Pre-operative clearances (our pre-op clearances are performed in 48 to 72 hours)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Mononucleosis (Mono) testing
- ‘Rapid Strep’ examination for pharyngitis
- Same-day CAT scans, ultrasounds, or other imaging via Weill Cornell Medical Center, Lenox Hill Radiology, or East River Imaging facilities.
- School/Summer Camp clearance for persons 18 and over
- Travel vaccinations & immunizations
- Urine Pregnancy Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Testing
- Routine Vaccinations, including:
○ Flu Shots (including H1N1)
○ Hepatitis A and B
From the first appointment, patients find a refreshingly unique practice with a multilingual staff. Dr. Marina Gafanovich’s patient’s time is respected as reflected by the peak efficiency with which the practice is managed.
Just a few of the reasons thousands make Dr. Gafanovich their primary care provider:
- Highly experienced staff
- Over, 20,000 patients treated
- Our aim is to see each client within 48 hours
- Stellar relationship with regional doctors and other health care providers
- Approved by most medical insurance companies
- Ongoing commitment to staying up to date with latest medical advancements
- Late afternoon and early evening appointments available
- Online appointments booking facility
Located on a shady street just blocks from the East River and convenient FDR Drive, the neighborhood is a blend of upscale, modern apartment buildings and historic brownstones.
There is plenty of on street parking available, and two nearby parking garages add convenience.