No matter where you travel, keeping on top of your health is important. There are health insurances you can purchase when traveling abroad, but even domestic travel requires quick thinking during ..
- Flublok, a new vaccine for influenza, is now available and is the first vaccine ever to contain genetically-modified (GM) proteins derived from insect cells. Flublok is trivalent, which means it ..
- The CDC reports that the Mayaro virus, first isolated in Trinidad in 1954, has been detected in Haiti. The Mayaro virus (MAYV; genus Alphavirus, family Togaviridae) is a single-stranded ..
- A new Associated Press analysis reports that vaccine exemptions are on the rise in California, particularly in private school children. Increases in vaccine exemptions are also being reported ..
- Delaware state lawmakers have approved a bill aimed at reducing what proponents call the overuse of rabies shots for cats and dogs. The Rabies Challenge Fund, an animal advocacy group, announced ..
- Will Chili Peppers be the ‘Fix’ for Gastrointestinal Afflictions? “Come on ice cream!” is the punch line from an old Abbott and Costello comedy routine. Lou Costello, the funny ..
- Is Swine Flu Vaccine Safe or Just a Cash Machine for Big Pharma? When former-Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius inked a document in 2010, individuals affected by the swine ..
- What is cayenne or red pepper? Cayenne or red peppers contain a substance called ‘capsaicin’ that is often used as the active ingredient in arthritis cream. Cayenne peppers (also ..
- Robert ROBAK and Anna Robak, Plaintiffs-Appellees, Cross-Appellants, v. UNITED STATES of America, Defendant-Appellant, Cross-Appellee. Nos. 81-1038, 81-1099. United States Court of Appeals, ..