While the risk of contracting Hepatitis is relatively low in the developed world, travelers planning to visit non-urban locations in developing countries are at a higher risk of being infected. ..
If you watch the news, you are seeing that the measles is in the United States and that it is spreading faster than anyone is used to. Vaccinations nearly eradicated this virus, but due to the ..
Many people experience diarrhea while they travel outside the United States. Traveler’s diarrhea (TD) can affect from 30 to 70% of travelers, with rates varying based on the destination. ..
- To Vaccinate or Not Vaccinate — That is The Question Not much in life is more confusing than health care when talking about vaccinations. Other than the near mandate to get vaccinated when ..
No matter where you travel, keeping on top of your health is important. There are health insurances you can purchase when traveling abroad, but even domestic travel requires quick thinking during ..
- Flublok, a new vaccine for influenza, is now available and is the first vaccine ever to contain genetically-modified (GM) proteins derived from insect cells. Flublok is trivalent, which means it ..
- The CDC reports that the Mayaro virus, first isolated in Trinidad in 1954, has been detected in Haiti. The Mayaro virus (MAYV; genus Alphavirus, family Togaviridae) is a single-stranded ..
- A new Associated Press analysis reports that vaccine exemptions are on the rise in California, particularly in private school children. Increases in vaccine exemptions are also being reported ..
- Delaware state lawmakers have approved a bill aimed at reducing what proponents call the overuse of rabies shots for cats and dogs. The Rabies Challenge Fund, an animal advocacy group, announced ..
- Will Chili Peppers be the ‘Fix’ for Gastrointestinal Afflictions? “Come on ice cream!” is the punch line from an old Abbott and Costello comedy routine. Lou Costello, the funny ..