- It was only a matter of time before Zika would appear in the USA. Over the past few weeks, new cases of Zika virus have been reported in Florida and now New York has taken a proactive approach to ..
- One neighborhood in Miami has been confirmed as a source for at least 14 cases of locally transmitted Zika virus. This has promoted federal health officials to issue a travel warning for tourists ..
- Zika virus (ZIKV) is a flavivirus that is responsible for an epidemic in Brazil and the Americas. ZIKV has been causally linked with fetal microcephaly, other birth defects in humans, and ..
More than a dozen drug companies already looking for a solution, which is likely several years away SÃO PAULO—A leading Brazilian biomedical research center is teaming up with the U.S. and the ..
- US researchers warn that the yellow fever outbreak in Angola may become a global emergency because of a shortage in the yellow fever vaccine. This mosquito borne viral illness has already caused ..
- The latest study published in the British Medical Journal, Lancet, indicates that there are now 422 million adults worldwide living with diabetes. These numbers have gone up from about a 100 ..
- Should I Stay or Should I Go: People Still Debate the Future of the 2016 Olympics Athletes, tourists, retailers, media outlets and, well, just about everyone else, are waiting to see if the 2016 ..
- According to Roman Catholic priests, Zika-carrying mosquitoes are causing a theological enigma as well as creating medical challenges. The church has forbidden almost every type of birth control, ..
- Hello, Dr. Gafanovich, Great to hear from you—thank you very much for reaching out. Whenever there’s an outbreak like this (especially in the Caribbean), travelers get skittish and sometimes ..
A study conducted on 5,500 people aged between 14 and 69 years revealed that around 10% of men are infected with oral HPV compared to 3.6% of women. The study conducted by the Journal of the ..