- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recently recommended that Americans who travel to areas of the world where there is active cholera should be vaccinated. There is now a ..
- For Americans who want to travel to Africa or certain parts of South America and want a yellow fever vaccine may have to wait or may have to change their travels plans. Yellow fever is a ..
- Experts in infectious disease believe that one of the least appreciated organisms on earth is wolbachia. This particular organism infects millions of invertebrates including shrimps, spiders and ..
- Brazil is having a rough time with infectious disorders. First it was chikungunya, and then it was the Zika virus and now they have a major outbreak of yellow fever. Over the past 14 days, the ..
- The zika virus (ZIKV) and the dengue virus (DENV) cause terrible diseases, and new research shows they can interact with each other and amplify zika infection. The new lab study shows that ..
- Zika virus (ZIKV) is a flavivirus that is responsible for an epidemic in Brazil and the Americas. ZIKV has been causally linked with fetal microcephaly, other birth defects in humans, and ..
More than a dozen drug companies already looking for a solution, which is likely several years away SÃO PAULO—A leading Brazilian biomedical research center is teaming up with the U.S. and the ..
- A rise in deaths from the liver-destroying hepatitis C has been noticed recently. As per the new statistics, most of the Baby Boomers are at risk and thus, they should take special care of ..
- Scientists have likely found an answer to the failure of modern drugs in treating some infections in a 4 million years old cave, which is 487 meters below the earth. The researchers have ..