- Meningitis B is rare but a very lethal infection. A few months ago a few students at Princeton and the University of California-Santa Barbara were infected by it and it was then realized that ..
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recently recommended that Americans who travel to areas of the world where there is active cholera should be vaccinated. There is now a ..
- The zika virus (ZIKV) and the dengue virus (DENV) cause terrible diseases, and new research shows they can interact with each other and amplify zika infection. The new lab study shows that ..
- Health officials from Utah have reported that an elderly patient who died at the end of June was related to the Zika Virus, making it the first Zika related death in the US. The Utah resident of ..
The CDC warns that cases of MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) have been reported in many countries in the Arabian Peninsula. There have also been cases in several other countries in those ..
Cases of polio have recently been reported in Ukraine, Madagascar, Mali, and Guinea. The CDC recommends that if you will be travelling to these countries you should be fully vaccinated against ..
- A rise in deaths from the liver-destroying hepatitis C has been noticed recently. As per the new statistics, most of the Baby Boomers are at risk and thus, they should take special care of ..
Does Illegal Immigration Spread Infectious Disease Donald Trump’s selection to head the Department of Health and Human Services is part of a group of doctors who believe physicians rely too ..
Polio is caused by poliovirus 1, 2 or 3. It is a disease that is contagious in nature and can be prevented through vaccination. Most cases of polio occur because of contaminated food and water. ..
No matter where you travel, keeping on top of your health is important. There are health insurances you can purchase when traveling abroad, but even domestic travel requires quick thinking during ..