- Experts in infectious disease believe that one of the least appreciated organisms on earth is wolbachia. This particular organism infects millions of invertebrates including shrimps, spiders and ..
- The zika virus (ZIKV) and the dengue virus (DENV) cause terrible diseases, and new research shows they can interact with each other and amplify zika infection. The new lab study shows that ..
- Zika virus (ZIKV) is a flavivirus that is responsible for an epidemic in Brazil and the Americas. ZIKV has been causally linked with fetal microcephaly, other birth defects in humans, and ..
- Health officials from Utah have reported that an elderly patient who died at the end of June was related to the Zika Virus, making it the first Zika related death in the US. The Utah resident of ..
More than a dozen drug companies already looking for a solution, which is likely several years away SÃO PAULO—A leading Brazilian biomedical research center is teaming up with the U.S. and the ..
- US researchers warn that the yellow fever outbreak in Angola may become a global emergency because of a shortage in the yellow fever vaccine. This mosquito borne viral illness has already caused ..
- Hello, Dr. Gafanovich, Great to hear from you—thank you very much for reaching out. Whenever there’s an outbreak like this (especially in the Caribbean), travelers get skittish and sometimes ..